FOURTEEN Blackburn with Darwen pubs, restaurants, cafes and sandwich shops have been awarded a Food Hygiene Star.
It comes as the easing of lockdown restrictions across the UK has allowed people to return to some of their favorite places.
Across Blackburn with Darwen, residents returned to all of their favorite pubs, restaurants and cafes that they missed during the pandemic.
As such, the Food Standards Agency has carried out further inspections in recent months to ensure that outlets meet required hygiene standards.
The inspectors visited the premises of the borough, information on the Agency’s website having been updated on June 6.
While the vast majority of pubs, eateries and eateries have maintained adequate standards, a number of places have been awarded a star.
The single star indicates “major improvement required” with outlets needed to improve hygiene standards and staff practices.
The ratings provide a baseline picture of the food hygiene standards found at the time of inspection, with all 14 establishments being rated good or very good by inspectors.
It is the responsibility of the company to comply with the Food Hygiene Law at all times.
The Food Hygiene Rating Scale does not provide information on food quality, customer service, cooking skills, presentation or comfort.
All ratings can be viewed online at the Food Standard Agency (FSA) and were correct according to the FSA as of June 6, 2021.
The listing of places in Blackburn with Darwen noted a:
- The former Amano Ltd restaurant, Cathedral Square, Blackburn
- JAAN’S BBQ, rue Charlotte, Blackburn
- Kayleighs Baps, Hereford Road, Blackburn
- Cantonese from Lynwood, Blackburn Road, Darwen
- Ivy Hotel, Infirmary Street, Blackburn
- Sam’s Bar Higher Church Street, Blackburn
- Curry Palace, railway, Darwen
- Jaffa Shawarma, Bank Top, Blackburn
- Purple Patch Community Cafe, Norwich Street, Blackburn
- Rays Fish & Chips, Openshaw Drive, Blackburn
- Sweet Palace, Audley Channel, Blackburn
- Tasty place, Darwen Street, Blackburn
- The Blue Nile, Bank Top, Blackburn
- Bamboo House, Fore Street, Lower Darwen